If you want to use the invitation letter to invite a foreign expert to come to China, you are making the right decision. Because the cost of employing foreign experts is higher than that of local employees, and their living cost in China is about 2-3 times than the Chinese workers.
As more and more companies go global strategy, demand for foreign expertise will continue to heat up. They need to learn some foreign advanced technology and avoid detours, so many companies will invite foreign experts to develop new products together.
In this article, we explain the process that how to apply for the Foreign expert’s visa and write the short -term invitation letter of Foreign experts in China.
Applicable Objects of invitation letter for foreign expert
- Having the status of a legal person and the ability to employ foreign experts.
- Having clear tasks to work in China.
- Having a detailed schedule in China.
- Having sufficient fees to ensure that foreign experts come to China.
- In accordance with the requirements for Foreign High-end Talents (Category A) or the Notice on Further Improving Relevant Handling Procedures for the Short-Term Stay of Foreign Experts in China (No. 176  of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs).
Law Bases for Foreign Expert in China
- Notice of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs on Further Improving Relevant Handling Procedures for the Short-Term Stay of Foreign Experts in China (No. 176  of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs).
- Notice of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs on Issuing the Service Guide to the Foreigners Work Permit in China (Trial) (No. 36  of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs).
Requirements for Documents Provided
- All paper versions of original documents and the translated versions must be electronically uploaded in color to the Service System for Foreigners Working in China.
- Non-Chinese credentials shall be translated into Chinese and stamped with the official seal of the employer (except for passports and international travel certificates).
- No paper documents shall be submitted for verification.
Documents Required for Foreign Expert VISA in China
- The Application Form of the Invitation Letter for Foreign Experts in China (which specifies the applicant’s basic information, the reason for coming to China, the length of stay in China, the specific cost arrangement, and the employer’s commitment to the authenticity of the invitation and the guarantee of the payment of fees in China) shall be stamped with an official seal of the employer.
- The Application Form for the Invitation Letter for Foreign Experts in China shall be stamped with an official seal of the employer.
- Foreign expert’s passport or the international travel certificate.
- A copy of the short-term employment contract or dispatch (invitation) letter shall be affixed with an official seal of the employer and signed by the legal person or the person in charge of the Foreign Affairs Department.
- Other credentials that the issuing authority deems necessary (e.g. those who conform to Foreign High-end Talents (Category A) shall submit the relevant certificate).
- The applicant with the Invitation Letter for Foreign Experts in China who applies for F visa has no need to apply for a work-type residence permit after entering China.
- For pre-approval by the industry competent authority by law or those who are qualified for relevant accessible occupations, an approval document of the industry competent authority or a certificate of work qualification shall be provided.
- The employer of the foreign expert shall submit an application in the Service System for Foreigners Working in China.
- The handling authority shall receive the application of the employer and inform the reception result within five working days (the date on which the documents are submitted shall not be counted).
- Upon reception online, the decision-making authority shall, within five working days from the date of reception, conduct an examination, and make a decision, and no paper documents shall be submitted for verification no longer.
- Those foreign experts approved by the handling authority will be issued with the Invitation Letter for Foreign Experts in China.
- Foreign experts shall apply for an F visa within 90 days to the visa authority with the Invitation Letter for Foreign Experts in China and relevant documents.
- The handling authority has the right to refuse the application of the employer with a reason.
Examination and Approval Period of Foreign experts VISA
Reception period: Five working days (after the complete and qualified documents are submitted online by the employer)
Review and decision-making period: Five working days (from the date of reception)
In case of special circumstances requiring an extension of the time limit, the reception authority or the decision-making authority shall handle the matter as appropriate.
Reception way and time
Reception Department: Shanghai R&D Public Service Platform (Shanghai Scientific and Technological Talents Development Center/Shanghai Service Center for Foreigners Working in China)
Address: 1F 77 Meiyuan Road Jing’an District
These are the services which we at Base in Shanghai (GWBMA) offer to our potential clients. We provide with the most cost-effective, robust and fast Visa Delivery services to our potential clients. Get in contact with us now and have your next appointment reserved to study, work or do business in China.
Other things we can help you with: