Student age: high school students
- 20K RMB/month before tax
- Housing: allowance or free apartment
- Insurance provided
- Chinese public holidays
Contract Length: 1 year
1.The Homeroom Lead teacher is responsible for the planning of a learner centered learning program meeting the objectives of the school English Immersion curricula. The teacher will deliver the learning program with the aid of one or two English-speaking teaching assistants and(or) daily life teachers.
2.Content Planning and delivery
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities, field trips that facilitate child centered, inquiry based, active learning experiences.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans based on and led by the observed needs and interests of the learners.
- Use relevant and varied materials, resources, books and technology to enable exploration and learning.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods.
- Create a classroom environment that is safe and stimulating.
- Plan the day and week’s learning plan, with a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Educate learners in age appropriate behaviors in health and safety.
- Assist children during meal times, bed times and, transition times and recess.
- Observe and monitor learner’s emotional and social well-being and development.
- Develop and use appropriate procedures for classroom management, positive guidance and conflict resolution.
- Communicate appropriate procedures for classroom management, positive guidance and conflict resolution.
- Empower the assisting teachers to teach and remind children of classroom rules, affirm appropriate behavior, and apply logical consequences for inappropriate behavior.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
- Ensure that all classroom equipment is in good working condition and used and maintained properly.
- Keep, maintain, complete and accurate records as required by school policy.
- Keep updated and secure any personal records or documents with respect to the visa process.
6.Observing for Learning (Assessment, Evaluation)
- Document the learner’s progress throughout the year by observing, collecting, assessing and collating student’s work.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding learner progress and learner needs.
7.Leading Teaching Assistants and daily life teachers
- Establish and communicate rules of the classroom and expected behavior.
- Communicate appropriate procedures for classroom. management, positive guidance and conflict resolution.
- Empower the assisting teachers to enforce rules and affirm appropriate behavior.
- Coach and mentor teaching assistants and daily life teachers.
- Complete regular written parent communications, such as newsletters and other communications as required by the school policy.
- Foster a relationship with the learner and their parents.
- Keep daily instant active communication with parents in the morning and afternoon.
- Report daily in the parent WeChat group of what we learned today, new words, etc.
- Follow appropriate school procedures with respect to conflict management.
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
- Help organize and participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and teacher, student or parent organizations.
- Help mentor and support new teachers.
- Help maintain a pleasant work and learning environment.
1.Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in Early Childhood).
2.Three to four years post degree experience.
3.Native English Speaker with good spoken and written communication skills.
4.Critical, creative thinking, imaginative and resourceful.
5.Self-motivated and inspired with a passion for holistic education.
6.Professional, well-spoken and well-presented.
7.Persuasive and Problem solver.